Emmanuel Saez

Latest stories

28m
Channel 8 San Diego
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
Channel 8 San Diego / Posted 28 minutes ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
30m
Denton Record-Chronicle
U.S. income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
U.S. income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
Denton Record-Chronicle / Posted 30 minutes ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
38m
Northwest Herald
The rich get richer: U.S. income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
The rich get richer: U.S. income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
Northwest Herald / Posted 38 minutes ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
56m
Daily Chronicle
The rich get richer: U.S. income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
The rich get richer: U.S. income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
Daily Chronicle / Posted 56 minutes ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
1h
Daily Herald
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
Daily Herald / Posted an hour ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
2h
The Morning Call
U.S. income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
U.S. income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
The Morning Call / Posted 2 hours ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
2h
KIII Corpus Christi
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
KIII Corpus Christi / Posted 2 hours ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
4h
Salon.com
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
Salon.com / Posted 4 hours ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
4h
WFTV 9 Orlando
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
WFTV 9 Orlando / Posted 4 hours ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
4h
Island Packet
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
Island Packet / Posted 4 hours ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
5h
Philly.com
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
US income gap widened last year as top 1 percent gained most
Philly.com / Posted 5 hours ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
6h
ABC News
US Income Gap Widened Last Year as Top 1 Percent Gained Mostrose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, accord
US Income Gap Widened Last Year as Top 1 Percent Gained Most
ABC News / Posted 6 hours ago
rose twice as fast as it did for the remaining 99 percent of households, according to an updated analysis of tax data by Emmanuel Saez, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Still, the incomes of households outside... Read more
12 related stories
10d
Op-Ed News
The election we could have had90% of households actually declined by 6%. These income inequalities have led t
The election we could have had
Op-Ed News / Posted 10 days ago
90% of households actually declined by 6%. These income inequalities have led to great inequalities in wealth. According to Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman, in 2012 the top 0.1 percent (160,000 families with average net worth of $72.8 million) had... Read more
30d
CBS News
Tax hikes on the rich: Good or bad for economic growth?but the evidence doesn't support either claim. As Nobel Prize-winning economist
Tax hikes on the rich: Good or bad for economic growth?
CBS News / Posted 30 days ago
but the evidence doesn't support either claim. As Nobel Prize-winning economist Peter Diamond and John Bates Clark medalist Emmanuel Saez have noted, since the 1970s no clear correlation exists between economic growth and top tax-rate cuts across... Read more
m
The Huffington Post
There's A Solution To People Abusing Their Wealth: Super-High Taxeshuge amounts of wealth simply beget more huge amounts of wealth. In this chart,
There's A Solution To People Abusing Their Wealth: Super-High Taxes
The Huffington Post / Posted 1 months ago
huge amounts of wealth simply beget more huge amounts of wealth. In this chart, compiled by economists Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez, you can see the massive amounts of wealth created for the top 0.1 percent by capital gains (that's returns on... Read more

People in this news