God We Trust

Latest stories

3d
22 WSBT South Bend
BREAKING: Special Victim's Unit searching for suspectlaw enforcement who tried to arrest him. SVU says Wood is believed to be drivi
BREAKING: Special Victim's Unit searching for suspect
22 WSBT South Bend / Posted 3 days ago
law enforcement who tried to arrest him. SVU says Wood is believed to be driving a late 1990s Green Acura with Indiana in God We Trust plates. Anyone with information on Wood or his whereabouts is asked to call 911. WSBT 22's Patrick Roth is... Read more
3d
Northwest Florida Daily News
Separation of church and stateby the Founding Fathers was “E pluribus Unum” (Out of many, one). It wasn’t unt
Separation of church and state
Northwest Florida Daily News / Posted 3 days ago
by the Founding Fathers was “E pluribus Unum” (Out of many, one). It wasn’t until 1956 that the motto was changed to “In God we trust” and “under God” was added to the pledge of allegiance. Both are direct violations of the First Amendment.I... Read more
4d
FOX News
'In God We Trust' plaque added to Oregon county building after debateA plaque that reads "In God We Trust" has been added to the Klamath County comm
'In God We Trust' plaque added to Oregon county building after debate
FOX News / Posted 4 days ago
A plaque that reads "In God We Trust" has been added to the Klamath County commissioners' meeting room. 'In God We Trust' sign hung in Klamath County commissioners' room https://t.co/eUUiROiXkipic.twitter.com/jRkcElmxZP The commissioners approved... Read more
5 related stories
5d
KGW Channel 8 Portland
'In God We Trust' sign added to Klamath County buildingKLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) - A plaque that reads "In God We Trust" has been added
'In God We Trust' sign added to Klamath County building
KGW Channel 8 Portland / Posted 5 days ago
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) - A plaque that reads "In God We Trust" has been added to the Klamath County commissioners' meeting room. The commissioners approved the sign after a February public hearing in which 300 residents expressed their support,... Read more
5 related stories
5d
KTVZ Bend
'In God We Trust' sign added to Klamath County building | News - Home POSTED: 12:27 PM PDT April 27, 2016 KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP)
'In God We Trust' sign added to Klamath County building
KTVZ Bend / Posted 5 days ago
| News - Home POSTED: 12:27 PM PDT April 27, 2016 KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — A plaque that reads "In God We Trust" has been added to... Read more
5 related stories
5d
FOX 12 Oregon
'In God We Trust' sign added to Klamath County buildingKLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) - A plaque that reads "In God We Trust" has been added
'In God We Trust' sign added to Klamath County building
FOX 12 Oregon / Posted 5 days ago
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) - A plaque that reads "In God We Trust" has been added to the Klamath County commissioners' meeting room. The commissioners approved the sign after a February public hearing in which 300 residents expressed their support,... Read more
5 related stories
5d
The Columbian
‘In God We Trust’ sign added to Klamath County buildingKLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — A plaque that reads “In God We Trust” has been added to t
‘In God We Trust’ sign added to Klamath County building
The Columbian / Posted 5 days ago
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — A plaque that reads “In God We Trust” has been added to the Klamath County commissioners’ meeting room. The commissioners approved the sign after a February public hearing in which 300 residents expressed their support, either... Read more
5 related stories
5d
OregonLive.com
'In God We Trust' sign hung in Klamath County commissioners' roomKLAMATH FALLS — A plaque that reads "In God We Trust" has been added to the Kla
'In God We Trust' sign hung in Klamath County commissioners' room
OregonLive.com / Posted 5 days ago
KLAMATH FALLS — A plaque that reads "In God We Trust" has been added to the Klamath County commissioners' meeting room. The commissioners approved the sign after a February public hearing in which 300 residents expressed their support, either... Read more
5 related stories
6d
Cabot Star-Herald
Making a statementthe opening of the U.S. Constitution, “We the people.” “This is what it is all
Making a statement
Cabot Star-Herald / Posted 6 days ago
the opening of the U.S. Constitution, “We the people.” “This is what it is all about, us, the people,” he said. While “In God We Trust” is sometimes controversial, “There is no question with this, and it covers everybody… and it means the officers... Read more
6d
NBC 12 Richmond
Rocky Mount fire grows to more than 10,000 acressent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at
Rocky Mount fire grows to more than 10,000 acres
NBC 12 Richmond / Posted 6 days ago
sent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a home on Ellis Lane near Lake Louisa. 'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's cruisers'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's... Read more
2 related stories
6d
WVVA Bluefield
'In God We Trust' placed on Amelia County sheriff's cruisersAMELIA COURTHOUSE, Va. (AP) - Cruisers belonging to the Amelia Sheriff's Office
'In God We Trust' placed on Amelia County sheriff's cruisers
WVVA Bluefield / Posted 6 days ago
AMELIA COURTHOUSE, Va. (AP) - Cruisers belonging to the Amelia Sheriff's Office will now have the decal "In God We Trust" on all marked vehicles. News outlets report that Sheriff Ricky Walker wrote on the department's Facebook page Saturday that the... Read more
6d
NBC 12 Richmond
Man wears alligator mask to rob convenience storesent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at
Man wears alligator mask to rob convenience store
NBC 12 Richmond / Posted 6 days ago
sent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a home on Ellis Lane near Lake Louisa. 'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's cruisers'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's... Read more
2 related stories
6d
NBC 12 Richmond
Crews battle 2 fires in Louisa; 1 person hospitalizedsent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at
Crews battle 2 fires in Louisa; 1 person hospitalized
NBC 12 Richmond / Posted 6 days ago
sent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a home on Ellis Lane near Lake Louisa. 'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's cruisers'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's... Read more
2 related stories
7d
NBC 12 Richmond
PHOTOS: Pets and their parents celebrate National Pet Parents DayRoad in Hadensville is planning a special presentation of Prince's 1984 movie "
PHOTOS: Pets and their parents celebrate National Pet Parents Day
NBC 12 Richmond / Posted 7 days ago
Road in Hadensville is planning a special presentation of Prince's 1984 movie "Purple Rain" on Wednesday, April 27. 'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's cruisers'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's... Read more
6 related stories
7d
CBS 6 Richmond
‘In God We Trust’ placed on Amelia County Sheriff’s patrol vehiclesAMELIA COUNTY, Va. — The phrase “In God We Trust” will now be displayed on all
‘In God We Trust’ placed on Amelia County Sheriff’s patrol vehicles
CBS 6 Richmond / Posted 7 days ago
AMELIA COUNTY, Va. — The phrase “In God We Trust” will now be displayed on all marked Amelia Sheriff’s Office vehicles. With the move, the Amelia County Sheriff’s Office joins other sheriff’s offices around in the country in adding the phrase, found... Read more
7d
Los Angeles Times
New images on coins and paper money reflect changes in the American psycheLiberty was seen as a "unifying principle," he said. The emphasis on national
New images on coins and paper money reflect changes in the American psyche
Los Angeles Times / Posted 7 days ago
Liberty was seen as a "unifying principle," he said. The emphasis on national values also played into the inclusion of "In God We Trust" on U.S. currency. The motto first appeared on U.S. coins during the Civil War, when there was increased... Read more
8d
NBC 12 Richmond
Crashes cause major delays on I-64 in New KentRoad in Hadensville is planning a special presentation of Prince's 1984 movie "
Crashes cause major delays on I-64 in New Kent
NBC 12 Richmond / Posted 8 days ago
Road in Hadensville is planning a special presentation of Prince's 1984 movie "Purple Rain" on Wednesday, April 27. 'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's cruisers'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's... Read more
6 related stories
8d
NBC 12 Richmond
Crashes causes major delays on I-64 in New KentRoad in Hadensville is planning a special presentation of Prince's 1984 movie "
Crashes causes major delays on I-64 in New Kent
NBC 12 Richmond / Posted 8 days ago
Road in Hadensville is planning a special presentation of Prince's 1984 movie "Purple Rain" on Wednesday, April 27. 'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's cruisers'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's... Read more
6 related stories
9d
NBC 12 Richmond
'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's cruisers Source: Amelia County Sheriff's Office Cruisers belonging to the Amelia Sher
'In God We Trust' decal to be added to Amelia Sheriff's cruisers
NBC 12 Richmond / Posted 9 days ago
Source: Amelia County Sheriff's Office Cruisers belonging to the Amelia Sheriff's Office will now have the decal "In... Read more
6 related stories
10d
The Daily Jeffersonian
Today in Historyyear. The Jewish holiday Passover begins at sunset. On this date: In 1864, Co
Today in History
The Daily Jeffersonian / Posted 10 days ago
year. The Jewish holiday Passover begins at sunset. On this date: In 1864, Congress authorized the use of the phrase "In God We Trust" on U.S. coins. In 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson opened the New York World's Fair. In 1970, millions of... Read more
10d
5KSDK St. Louis
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
5KSDK St. Louis / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
WGRZ-TV Buffalo
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
WGRZ-TV Buffalo / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
KVUE-TV Austin
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
KVUE-TV Austin / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
WCSH 6 Portland
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
WCSH 6 Portland / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
The Champaign News-Gazette
This day in history, April 22, 2016New Style Gregorian calendar that was adopted by Spain in 1582.) In 1864, Cong
This day in history, April 22, 2016
The Champaign News-Gazette / Posted 10 days ago
New Style Gregorian calendar that was adopted by Spain in 1582.) In 1864, Congress authorized the use of the phrase "In God We Trust" on U.S. coins. In 1889, the Oklahoma Land Rush began at noon as thousands of homesteaders staked claims. In... Read more
10d
WXIA-TV Atlanta
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
WXIA-TV Atlanta / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
WTSP-TV Tampa
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
WTSP-TV Tampa / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
11 News Houston
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
11 News Houston / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
WLTX-TV Columbia
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
WLTX-TV Columbia / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
WLBZ Bangor
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
WLBZ Bangor / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
WKYC Cleveland
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
WKYC Cleveland / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
13 WMAZ Macon
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
13 WMAZ Macon / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
WZZM 13 Grand Rapids
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
WZZM 13 Grand Rapids / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
NorthWest Cable News
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
NorthWest Cable News / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
KTHV Little Rock
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
KTHV Little Rock / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
KING5 Seattle
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
KING5 Seattle / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
First Coast News
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
First Coast News / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
KENS 5 San Antonio
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
KENS 5 San Antonio / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
10d
KTVB Boise
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for yearengineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted th
Tenn. legislators divert university diversity funds for year
KTVB Boise / Posted 10 days ago
engineering scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25% of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75% would have funded minority scholarships. University of... Read more
42 related stories
11d
Memphis Commercial Appeal
Legislators divert UT diversity funds for one yearscholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and
Legislators divert UT diversity funds for one year
Memphis Commercial Appeal / Posted 11 days ago
scholarships. The House version would have permanently diverted the money and earmarked 25 percent of it for "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The other 75 percent would have funded minority scholarships. UT... Read more
5 related stories
11d
Chattanooga Times Free Press
Sen. Gardenhire key in lawmakers' decision to suspend UT diversity funding for one yearstripping the diversity office's funding permanently and using a quarter of the
Sen. Gardenhire key in lawmakers' decision to suspend UT diversity funding for one year
Chattanooga Times Free Press / Posted 11 days ago
stripping the diversity office's funding permanently and using a quarter of the funds for police vehicle decals saying "In God We Trust." In the end, Gardenhire refused to budge on the idea he says he got from a black UT engineering school... Read more
42 related stories
11d
The Rocket
Changing faces on currency should not stop at Harriet Tubmancounterfeit detecting measures have been taken; bills have even changed color a
Changing faces on currency should not stop at Harriet Tubman
The Rocket / Posted 11 days ago
counterfeit detecting measures have been taken; bills have even changed color and have had phrases put onto them like, “In God We Trust.” And to those citing the Harriet Tubman wasn’t a president and therefore, doesn’t belong on money, I ask you,... Read more
11d
Memphis Commercial Appeal
UT diversity funding diverted for one yearminority scholarships. The House version would have diverted the funding perma
UT diversity funding diverted for one year
Memphis Commercial Appeal / Posted 11 days ago
minority scholarships. The House version would have diverted the funding permanently, and spent 25 percent of it on "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The House approved the compromise version 63-21, the Senate... Read more
11d
Knoxville News Sentinel
Lawmakers approve bill diverting $436K from UT’s Office of Diversitymoney into minority scholarships. The House version would have diverted the fu
Lawmakers approve bill diverting $436K from UT’s Office of Diversity
Knoxville News Sentinel / Posted 11 days ago
money into minority scholarships. The House version would have diverted the funding permanently, and spent 25 percent of it on "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The House approved the compromise version 63-21, the Senate... Read more
11d
Memphis Commercial Appeal
DiPietro talks of diversity funding and guns on campusthe money between scholarships for minority students and the manufacture and di
DiPietro talks of diversity funding and guns on campus
Memphis Commercial Appeal / Posted 11 days ago
the money between scholarships for minority students and the manufacture and distribution of decals bearing the motto "In God We Trust" for law enforcement vehicles. "We've done a good job of making our campuses diverse," DiPietro said. "We can... Read more
11d
The Christian Post
What Will Happen to America if It Drifts Away From God? Christian Leaders Answertold CP. "When we began to no longer regard the sanctity of life in 1973 (Roe v
What Will Happen to America if It Drifts Away From God? Christian Leaders Answer
The Christian Post / Posted 11 days ago
told CP. "When we began to no longer regard the sanctity of life in 1973 (Roe v. Wade). When we began to believe that 'in God we trust' is something that's just printed on the money, but not imprinted on our hearts. If my uncle Martin Luther King... Read more
12d
The Escanaba Daily Press
Almanaccalendar that was adopted by Spain in 1582.) On this date: In 1864, Congress
Almanac
The Escanaba Daily Press / Posted 12 days ago
calendar that was adopted by Spain in 1582.) On this date: In 1864, Congress authorized the use of the phrase "In God We Trust" on U.S. coins. In 1889, the Oklahoma Land Rush began at noon as thousands of homesteaders staked claims. In... Read more
12d
Memphis Commercial Appeal
Guns-on-college-campus bill highlights flurry of legislationand puts 75 percent of the funds into minority engineering grants and 25 percen
Guns-on-college-campus bill highlights flurry of legislation
Memphis Commercial Appeal / Posted 12 days ago
and puts 75 percent of the funds into minority engineering grants and 25 percent into making and distributing "In God We Trust" decals for law enforcement vehicles. The House refused to go along with the Senate version Wednesday night,... Read more
12d
WBIR-TV Knoxville
Senate passes bill to strip University of Tennessee diversity fundsthis week, which would divert about $100,000 of the Knoxville diversity office’
Senate passes bill to strip University of Tennessee diversity funds
WBIR-TV Knoxville / Posted 12 days ago
this week, which would divert about $100,000 of the Knoxville diversity office’s funding to a program that would print “In God We Trust” decals for law enforcement vehicles while sending about $336,000 to minority scholarships. Gardenhire,... Read more
42 related stories
More

People in this news