U.S. Fire Administration

Latest stories

1d
The Hendersonville Times-News
Vindigni named chief of Hendersonville Fire DepartmentVindign has served as the interim fire chief since April and was deputy chief p
Vindigni named chief of Hendersonville Fire Department
The Hendersonville Times-News / Posted yesterday
Vindign has served as the interim fire chief since April and was deputy chief prior to Chief Dorian Flowers' departure. “Following two national searches and very comprehensive interview processes, I determined that the best fit for the... Read more
1d
The Hendersonville Times-News
Vindigni named chief of Hendersonville Fire DepartmentVindign has served as the interim fire chief since April and was deputy chief p
Vindigni named chief of Hendersonville Fire Department
The Hendersonville Times-News / Posted yesterday
Vindign has served as the interim fire chief since April and was deputy chief prior to Chief Dorian Flowers’ departure. “Following two national searches and very comprehensive interview processes, I determined that the best fit for the... Read more
1d
NBC 2 Fort Myers
E-cigarette explodes, leaves man with burnsGreenville, SC -- E-cigarettes are growing in popularity. Last year, a poll fo
E-cigarette explodes, leaves man with burns
NBC 2 Fort Myers / Posted yesterday
Greenville, SC -- E-cigarettes are growing in popularity. Last year, a poll found that 10 percent of Americans said they vaped. And there are many options in an industry that's growing and could soon be more heavily regulated by the Federal Drug... Read more
3 related stories
2d
Daily Journal
Veto leaves NJ vulnerable to fireHere we sit, one month into 2016. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, th
Veto leaves NJ vulnerable to fire
Daily Journal / Posted 2 days ago
Here we sit, one month into 2016. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, there have already been seven fire-related civilian deaths in New Jersey. In 2015, according to the same source, there were 55 civilian fire fatalities. The New Jersey... Read more
2d
Brush News-Tribune
Some Colorado smokers burned by exploding e-cigarettesElectronic cigarettes are being championed as safer alternatives to old-school
Some Colorado smokers burned by exploding e-cigarettes
Brush News-Tribune / Posted 2 days ago
Electronic cigarettes are being championed as safer alternatives to old-school tobacco, but some users and one top Colorado doctor say e-cigarettes can explode and cause serious burns. Cordero Caples is recuperating at his Colorado Springs home... Read more
3 related stories
3d
Denver Post
Some Colorado smokers burned by exploding e-cigarettesElectronic cigarettes are being championed as safer alternatives to old-school
Some Colorado smokers burned by exploding e-cigarettes
Denver Post / Posted 3 days ago
Electronic cigarettes are being championed as safer alternatives to old-school tobacco, but some users and one top Colorado doctor say e-cigarettes can explode and cause serious burns. Cordero Caples is recuperating at his Colorado Springs home... Read more
3 related stories
5d
The Wilson Times
Longtime volunteer firefighter dies during trainingFriday, February 05, 2016 6:03 PM By Jon Jimison Times Editor ELM CITY — Firef
Longtime volunteer firefighter dies during training
The Wilson Times / Posted 5 days ago
Friday, February 05, 2016 6:03 PM By Jon Jimison Times Editor ELM CITY — Firefighters are mourning the loss of James Varnell, a beloved longtime Bakertown volunteer firefighter who died this week... Read more
5d
KTVU 2 San Francisco
E-cig battery explodes in man's pocketRelated Stories HOUSTON (FOX 26) - A Splendora man is badly burned when the ba
E-cig battery explodes in man's pocket
KTVU 2 San Francisco / Posted 5 days ago
Related Stories HOUSTON (FOX 26) - A Splendora man is badly burned when the battery to his electronic cigarette exploded in his pants. Not only did his leg catch on fire, but so did part of the vehicle he was driving. “You can see where it had... Read more
7d
Inside Bay Area
Petaluma: Fire officials warn of free dinners being used to sell overpriced smoke alarmsPETALUMA -- The Petaluma Fire Marshal is warning residents to be aware of a gro
Petaluma: Fire officials warn of free dinners being used to sell overpriced smoke alarms
Inside Bay Area / Posted 7 days ago
PETALUMA -- The Petaluma Fire Marshal is warning residents to be aware of a group of salespeople holding events, where they offer patrons a free dinner and then later try to sell them overpriced smoke alarms, fire officials said Tuesday. The company... Read more
2 related stories
7d
Contra Costa Times Newspapers
Petaluma: Fire officials warn of free dinners being used to sell overpriced smoke alarmsPETALUMA -- The Petaluma Fire Marshal is warning residents to be aware of a gro
Petaluma: Fire officials warn of free dinners being used to sell overpriced smoke alarms
Contra Costa Times Newspapers / Posted 7 days ago
PETALUMA -- The Petaluma Fire Marshal is warning residents to be aware of a group of salespeople holding events, where they offer patrons a free dinner and then later try to sell them overpriced smoke alarms, fire officials said Tuesday. The company... Read more
2 related stories
7d
San Jose Mercury News
Petaluma: Fire officials warn of free dinners being used to sell overpriced smoke alarmsPETALUMA -- The Petaluma Fire Marshal is warning residents to be aware of a gro
Petaluma: Fire officials warn of free dinners being used to sell overpriced smoke alarms
San Jose Mercury News / Posted 7 days ago
PETALUMA -- The Petaluma Fire Marshal is warning residents to be aware of a group of salespeople holding events, where they offer patrons a free dinner and then later try to sell them overpriced smoke alarms, fire officials said Tuesday. The company... Read more
2 related stories
8d
WQOW Eau Claire
Fire officials warn of carbon monoxide dangers during winter weatherEau Claire (WQOW) - An area fire department is spreading words of warning for d
Fire officials warn of carbon monoxide dangers during winter weather
WQOW Eau Claire / Posted 8 days ago
Eau Claire (WQOW) - An area fire department is spreading words of warning for drivers to clear snow from their vehicle's exhaust pipe, because, if it's blocked, carbon monoxide can back up into the car. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and... Read more
12d
Denver Post
Colorado vapers burned by exploding e-cigarettesElectronic cigarettes are being championed as safer alternatives to old-school
Colorado vapers burned by exploding e-cigarettes
Denver Post / Posted 12 days ago
Electronic cigarettes are being championed as safer alternatives to old-school tobacco, but some users - and one top Colorado doctor - say e-cigarettes can explode and cause serious burns. Cordero Caples is recuperating at his Colorado Springs home... Read more
13d
CBS 5 Green Bay
Keeping your family safe during a fireDo you and your family have a plan of action in case your house is on fire? Ha
Keeping your family safe during a fire
CBS 5 Green Bay / Posted 13 days ago
Do you and your family have a plan of action in case your house is on fire? Having a plan will help keep both you and your family safe. The U.S. Fire Administration says that it is important to have a plan, especially when there are children in the... Read more
16d
WTOC 11 Savannah
HHI Fire Rescue receives federal grant to purchase cardiac monitorsHilton Head Island Fire Rescue has been awarded a federal grant for the purchas
HHI Fire Rescue receives federal grant to purchase cardiac monitors
WTOC 11 Savannah / Posted 16 days ago
Hilton Head Island Fire Rescue has been awarded a federal grant for the purchase of 12 cardiac monitors, through the Department of Homeland Security's Assistance to Firefighters Grant program. The AFG program is administered by the Department of... Read more
19d
WAND TV 17 Decatur
House fires multiply in winterThe months from December through March are peak times for house fires, a statis
House fires multiply in winter
WAND TV 17 Decatur / Posted 19 days ago
The months from December through March are peak times for house fires, a statistic born out locally with tragic results this week. This week, firefighters around Central Illinois have responded to several house fires, including one fire in the... Read more
21d
Market Watch
How to winter-proof your homeFor 43-year-old Giuia Abano Grady, who lives in Gorham, Maine, and raises pigs
How to winter-proof your home
Market Watch / Posted 21 days ago
For 43-year-old Giuia Abano Grady, who lives in Gorham, Maine, and raises pigs and chickens and will soon raise cows, the work needed to prepare her 250-year-old farmhouse for the winter isn’t as easy as just disconnecting a garden hose. Besides... Read more
30d
Williamson Daily News
Wharncliffe woman dies in trailer fireTGT Photo / Madalin Sammons A fatal fire at Wharncliffe, W.Va. killed an elderl
Wharncliffe woman dies in trailer fire
Williamson Daily News / Posted 30 days ago
TGT Photo / Madalin Sammons A fatal fire at Wharncliffe, W.Va. killed an elderly woman in a mobile home. The West Virginia Fire Marshall reported that the cause was undetermined. WHARNCLIFFE – A woman is dead after a fire consumed a mobile home at... Read more
m
WJHG Panama City
Local firefighters say there are 400 deaths every year from home heating equipmentBAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG) - Chilly temperatures have finally arrived here in the
Local firefighters say there are 400 deaths every year from home heating equipment
WJHG Panama City / Posted 1 months ago
BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG) - Chilly temperatures have finally arrived here in the Florida Panhandle, and that means more people are pulling out their space heaters and lighting up their fireplaces, but incorrect use can result in tragedy. "Every year... Read more

People in this news