Surabaya

Latest articles

13h
Perth Now
Quake, volcano may disrupt holiday planswhich is set to cause flight chaos in the holiday hotspot. The 5.7-magnitude q
Perth Now / Posted 13 hours ago
which is set to cause flight chaos in the holiday hotspot. The 5.7-magnitude quake was recorded 125km north-east of Surabaya, on Java this morning, the US Geological Survey has confirmed. The quake has reportedly sparked fears of a tsunami... Read more
15h
Daily Mail
Bali tsunami warning as massive 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikesthe coast of Bali The quake was detected north-east of Kemeduran and sparked t
Daily Mail / Posted 15 hours ago
the coast of Bali The quake was detected north-east of Kemeduran and sparked tsunami fears Quake was 125km north-east of Surabaya and had a depth of 588km It's the latest in a series of earthquakes that have rocked 'The Ring of Fire' The 5.7... Read more
7 related articles
15h
Sydney Morning Herald
Earthquake with 5.7 magnitude strikes off Indonesiamagnitude struck off the north coast of Java in Indonesia on Thursday morning,
Sydney Morning Herald / Posted 15 hours ago
magnitude struck off the north coast of Java in Indonesia on Thursday morning, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said. The quake, at a depth of 588 kilometres, hit 125km north-east of Surabaya, Java. The quake was initially measured at 6.0-magni... Read more
27 related articles
15h
The Age
Earthquake with 5.7 magnitude strikes off Indonesiamagnitude struck off the north coast of Java in Indonesia on Thursday morning,
The Age / Posted 15 hours ago
magnitude struck off the north coast of Java in Indonesia on Thursday morning, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said. The quake, at a depth of 588 kilometres, hit 125km north-east of Surabaya, Java. The quake was initially measured at 6.0-magni... Read more
27 related articles
15h
express
Huge 5.7 magnitude earthquake strikes off Indonesia coasta 6.0 magnitude by the USGS after it struck around 60.8 miles (98km) north-nort
express / Posted 15 hours ago
a 6.0 magnitude by the USGS after it struck around 60.8 miles (98km) north-northeast of Kemeduran at midnight on Thursday. Surabaya, which is around 78 miles (125km) from where the quake struck, has a population of 2.3million. No reports of damage... Read more
16h
Daily Star
Massive 6.0 magnitude earthquake strikes off Indonesiacoast of Java, the US Geological Survey (USGS) has confirmed. Measuring at a d
Daily Star / Posted 16 hours ago
coast of Java, the US Geological Survey (USGS) has confirmed. Measuring at a depth of 588km, it was 125km northeast of Surabaya, Java, and immediately sparked fears of a tsunami. Although no official tsunami warnings have been issued, people... Read more
65 related articles
3d
WLOX-TV Biloxi
Dubai port operator DP World to pull out of Indonesiawith the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareh
WLOX-TV Biloxi / Posted 3 days ago
with the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareholder in Indonesia's PT Terminal Petikemas Surabaya, located on the northern shore of Java island, with the other 51% owned by the state's Indonesia Port... Read more
6 related articles
3d
Hawaii News Now
Dubai port operator DP World to pull out of Indonesiawith the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareh
Hawaii News Now / Posted 3 days ago
with the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareholder in Indonesia's PT Terminal Petikemas Surabaya, located on the northern shore of Java island, with the other 51% owned by the state's Indonesia Port... Read more
6 related articles
4d
FOX Business
Dubai port operator DP World to pull out of Indonesiawith the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareh
FOX Business / Posted 4 days ago
with the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareholder in Indonesia's PT Terminal Petikemas Surabaya, located on the northern shore of Java island, with the other 51% owned by the state's Indonesia Port... Read more
6 related articles
4d
FOX Business
Dubai port operator DP World to pull out of IndonesiaReading Below The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareholder i
FOX Business / Posted 4 days ago
Reading Below The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareholder in Indonesia's PT Terminal Petikemas Surabaya, located on the northern shore of Java island, with the other 51% owned by the state's Indonesia Port... Read more
6 related articles
4d
WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
Dubai port operator DP World to pull out of Indonesiawith the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareh
WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey / Posted 4 days ago
with the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareholder in Indonesia's PT Terminal Petikemas Surabaya, located on the northern shore of Java island, with the other 51% owned by the state's Indonesia Port... Read more
6 related articles
4d
San Antonio Express-News
Dubai port operator DP World to pull out of Indonesiawith the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareh
San Antonio Express-News / Posted 4 days ago
with the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareholder in Indonesia's PT Terminal Petikemas Surabaya, located on the northern shore of Java island, with the other 51% owned by the state's Indonesia Port... Read more
6 related articles
4d
WFTV 9 Orlando
Dubai port operator DP World to pull out of Indonesiawith the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareh
WFTV 9 Orlando / Posted 4 days ago
with the government. The Dubai government-backed port operator is a 49% shareholder in Indonesia's PT Terminal Petikemas Surabaya, located on the northern shore of Java island, with the other 51% owned by the state's Indonesia Port... Read more
6 related articles
4d
give me sport
The Man Utd XI that played in Wayne Rooney's debut in 2004of clubs, including Aston Villa, Burnley, Qatar SC, OB, Hapoel Tel Aviv, Partiz
give me sport / Posted 4 days ago
of clubs, including Aston Villa, Burnley, Qatar SC, OB, Hapoel Tel Aviv, Partizan, St Mirren, Chennaiyin, Persebaya Surabaya and Châteaubriant. The 36-year-old is currently playing for Swiss FIFTH division side FC Vallorbe-Ballaigues. He... Read more
6d
Illawarra Mercury
Heroes of Hump flight celebrated at HARSThat resulted in an eventful three month long 10 leg journey through six countr
Illawarra Mercury / Posted 6 days ago
That resulted in an eventful three month long 10 leg journey through six countries including an unplanned visit to Surabaya Indonesia where they were forced to make an emergency landing after the left engine shut down. There were many... Read more
8d
Bangkok Post - Thailand's English news
Existing line eyed for Jakarta-Surabaya medium-speed trainIndonesia will most likely use an existing railway line for the planned medium-
Bangkok Post - Thailand's English news / Posted 8 days ago
Indonesia will most likely use an existing railway line for the planned medium-speed train service between Jakarta and Surabaya, the country's two largest business hubs, targetting the launch of the project in the middle of 2018, according to... Read more
11d
New Kerala
Rise in International and Domestic Tourism Coupled With Surging Smartphone Users to Foster Future for Indonesia Car Rental Market: Ken Researchclass who prefer using cabs over other public transportation services. In bigge
New Kerala / Posted 11 days ago
class who prefer using cabs over other public transportation services. In bigger cities of the country such as Jakarta, Surabaya and Bali, cab aggregators have become an essential part of the transportation system and an effective solution to... Read more
12d
Eye Witness News
Exodus of Rohingya to Bangladesh reaches 270,000 – UNHCRbeen burned down in a Myanmar border town largely inhabited by Rohingya. Indon
Eye Witness News / Posted 12 days ago
been burned down in a Myanmar border town largely inhabited by Rohingya. Indonesian activists protest against Myanmar in Surabaya, Indonesia's second largest city on 5 September 2017. Picture: AFP COX‘S BAZAR, Bangladesh – An estimated 270,000... Read more
3272 related articles
12d
Eye Witness News
US: Myanmar should respond responsibly to attacks on security forcesforces and the government in dealing with the situation in Rakhine. Indonesian
Eye Witness News / Posted 12 days ago
forces and the government in dealing with the situation in Rakhine. Indonesian activists protest against Myanmar in Surabaya, Indonesia's second largest city on 5 September 2017. Picture: AFP WASHINGTON - Myanmar should respond responsibly... Read more
3272 related articles
13d
Asian Correspondent
Indonesia positions itself as diplomatic actor in Rohingya crisis, but to what effect?previous weekend, hundreds had protested on both Saturday and Sunday in Jakarta
Asian Correspondent / Posted 13 days ago
previous weekend, hundreds had protested on both Saturday and Sunday in Jakarta, as well as in other major cities such as Surabaya. Jakarta police reported that a Molotov cocktail was thrown at the Burmese embassy early on Sunday morning, causing... Read more
3272 related articles
13d
Eye Witness News
Malaysia ready to provide temporary shelter for Rohingya fleeing violenceattacked several police posts and an army base in Myanmar on 25 August. Indone
Eye Witness News / Posted 13 days ago
attacked several police posts and an army base in Myanmar on 25 August. Indonesian activists protest against Myanmar in Surabaya, Indonesia's second largest city on 5 September 2017. Picture: AFP KUALA LUMPUR – Malaysia’s coast guard will not... Read more
10 related articles
15d
Aircraft Maintenance Technology
Former East-West Bank President joins OIAA Commissionand she twice received the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Women Making a Diffe
Aircraft Maintenance Technology / Posted 15 days ago
and she twice received the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Women Making a Difference” award. Gouw was born and raised in Surabaya, Indonesia. Following her graduation from high school, she moved to the United States and attended the University of... Read more
15d
Sabah Daily Express
MAB to resume KL-Surabaya flightsKuala Lumpur: After a lapse of five years, Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAB) will res
Sabah Daily Express / Posted 15 days ago
Kuala Lumpur: After a lapse of five years, Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAB) will resume its Kuala Lumpur-Surabaya direct flights from Oct 29, 2017. The national carrier, which suspended the route as part of its rationalisation exercise in 2012, said the... Read more
15d
New Now Next
A Dozen Women Arrested In Raid On Lesbian Group Home In Indonesiathe predominantly Muslim country. In May, police arrested more than 140 men in
New Now Next / Posted 15 days ago
the predominantly Muslim country. In May, police arrested more than 140 men in a sauna in Jakarta men in a hotel in Surabaya, Indonesia’s second largest city, forcing them to take HIV tests and then releasing the results to the public. That... Read more
16d
Daily Telegraph
Visa application processes around the world: your guideselling e-visas. British nationals are able to enter the country at a number o
Daily Telegraph / Posted 16 days ago
selling e-visas. British nationals are able to enter the country at a number of points, including Jakarta, Bali and Surabaya, and stay for 30 days without a visa - however, the exemption permission must be sought before travelling and stays... Read more
17d
CBS News
One Nobel laureate calls out another over persecution of Muslimsand "Stop Muslim genocide in Myanmar!" Protests were also staged in other majo
CBS News / Posted 17 days ago
and "Stop Muslim genocide in Myanmar!" Protests were also staged in other major Indonesian cities including Bandung and Surabaya. Over the weekend, protesters in Jakarta set fire to a poster of Suu Kyi outside the Myanmar embassy and further... Read more
3272 related articles
17d
CTV News
Myanmar faces anger from Muslim world over Rohingya plightand "Stop Muslim genocide in Myanmar!" Protests were also staged in other majo
CTV News / Posted 17 days ago
and "Stop Muslim genocide in Myanmar!" Protests were also staged in other major Indonesian cities including Bandung and Surabaya. Over the weekend, protesters in Jakarta set fire to a poster of Suu Kyi outside the Myanmar embassy and further... Read more
3272 related articles
17d
Hindustantimes.com
Myanmar faces anger from Muslim world over Rohingya plightand “Stop Muslim genocide in Myanmar!” Protests were also staged in other majo
Hindustantimes.com / Posted 17 days ago
and “Stop Muslim genocide in Myanmar!” Protests were also staged in other major Indonesian cities including Bandung and Surabaya. Over the weekend, protesters in Jakarta set fire to a poster of Suu Kyi outside the Myanmar embassy and further... Read more
3272 related articles
17d
San Francisco Chronicle
Myanmar faces anger from Muslim world over Rohingya plightand "Stop Muslim genocide in Myanmar!" Protests were also staged in other majo
San Francisco Chronicle / Posted 17 days ago
and "Stop Muslim genocide in Myanmar!" Protests were also staged in other major Indonesian cities including Bandung and Surabaya. Over the weekend, protesters in Jakarta set fire to a poster of Suu Kyi outside the Myanmar embassy and further... Read more
3272 related articles
20d
The Ham&High Network
Arsenal Friday Fanzone Q&A – Jakarta CasualEngland any more. Shortly after my book was published I was invited to attend a
The Ham&High Network / Posted 20 days ago
England any more. Shortly after my book was published I was invited to attend a meeting between the management of Persebaya Surabaya, one of the biggest clubs in the country, and respected terrace faces. Not shareholders in suits with fancy job... Read more
25d
AllAfrica.com
Japan's First Resident Ambassador to Mauritius Calls On the Prime Ministerin the Asian and Oceanian Affairs Bureau. Prior to his posting to Mauritius, Mr
AllAfrica.com / Posted 25 days ago
in the Asian and Oceanian Affairs Bureau. Prior to his posting to Mauritius, Mr Kato was Consul-General of Japan in Surabaya in Indonesia. Diplomatic relations between Mauritius and Japan were established in 1969. Through the Japan... Read more
27d
Daily Telegraph
The oldest passenger planes still in service – have you flown on any of them?Airfast Indonesia, based in the city of Tangerang, which serves around a dozen
Daily Telegraph / Posted 27 days ago
Airfast Indonesia, based in the city of Tangerang, which serves around a dozen domestic destinations, including Jakarta, Surabaya and Denpasar. At 47 years, it is, as far as our research can judge, the world's oldest passenger plane still in... Read more
30d
Sherdog
Kairat Akhmetov-Geje Eustaquio Tops One Championship ‘Total Victory’ on Sept. 16 in Jakartaprevious events in Indonesia have taken place in Jakarta; One had scheduled its
Sherdog / Posted 30 days ago
previous events in Indonesia have taken place in Jakarta; One had scheduled its “Conquest of Kings” bill for July 29 in Surabaya, Indonesia, but the company announced a week prior to the slated event that that the card had been “postponed until... Read more
m
CBS Denver
Xcel: Eclipse Won't Impact Serviceeclipse will have an impact on it’s electric service. The moon passes in front
CBS Denver / Posted 1 months ago
eclipse will have an impact on it’s electric service. The moon passes in front of the sun during a total solar eclipse in Surabaya, East Java on March 9, 2016. A total solar eclipse swept across the vast Indonesian archipelago and was witnessed by... Read more

In this news